Re-live history with the sights and sounds of yesteryear for a truly spectacular journey on board the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad. Experience the adventure of traveling aboard an authentic, coal-fired, steam-powered locomotive on the same tracks miners, cowboys and settlers of the old west took over a century ago. The Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad winds through spectacular & breathtaking canyons in the remote wilderness of the two-million acre San Juan National Forest for an unforgettable year-round adventure.
There are a variety of scheduled departures to choose from. Click here to view the Durango & Silverton Railroad's Schedules and Fares. You can also view specific schedules as below:
Check out the updated Summer Train Schedule and fares by entering your arrival dates below or by visiting our
Schedule and Fares Page here.
Book Your Durango Train Ride Today!
Call us for reservations:877-369-4018
Durango Train Cars
There are a variety of classes of service available. To learn more about the different train options and classes of services, click here to view pictures and layout comparisons.
- Coach Class Cars ~ There are two versions of Coach Class cars that accept all ages - The Open Air Gondola or the Vintage Closed Coach cars.
- Deluxe Class ~ Enjoy upgraded seating with less seats in these cars for a roomier ride than the coach classes. Just as in the coach cars, you can choose between the open-air observation Rio Grande car (all ages), the Historic Narrated San Juan Closed Coach (ages 12+ only), or the Historic Narrated Closed Coach (standard coach with narration for all ages).
- First Class Cars ~ These options include the Prospector Family Closed Coach, a first-class car that allows passengers of all ages, the open-air Knight Sky with a glass roof (all ages, no child price), the open-air Silver Vista Car with a glass roof (ages 12+ only), and the Alamosa Parlor Car with a private viewing deck from the back of the train (closed coach) (Ages 21+ only). These cars have attendants and include complimentary, non-alcoholic beverages. The Alamosa Parlor Car is typically the last car on the train, has an observation platform off the back, and is the only car with a full, cash-bar service (alcoholic beverages can also be purchased in the concession car).
- Presidential Class (ages 21+ only) ~ The most luxurious and spacious seating of the options, the Cinco Animas car offers two different seating areas, with only 18 seats in this car (compared to 48 seats in the coach class options). The Cinco Animas is typically, not always, the last car on the train with a large, private, outdoor, viewing platform available to take in the magnificent views of the San Juan National Forest. This car also includes complimentary, non-alcoholic beverages as well as a full, cash-bar service.
- Private Cars ~ For a once in a lifetime experience, enjoy your train ride aboard an elegant 1880's upgraded car. These classic cars have been refurbished but still maintain their original, historic charm to allow you the chance of a lifetime to enjoy the Durango & Silverton Railroad in style, providing a very special experience. Want to charter one of the train cars for your own private occasion? Call Durango Silverton Reservations at (866) 675-6900 for details or click here for more information about the various car options.
Check out the incredible experience of the Durango & Silverton Train :
Before or after you ride the train, be sure to visit the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Museums at the Durango Depot or in Silverton. Admission to both of these museums is included in the price of your train ticket!
The Durango & Silverton Railroad runs summer excursions to Silverton daily from May to October. During the winter season, the train runs an abbreviated excursion to the Cascade Canyon, which provides a unique journey through a truly magical Colorado winter wonderland! Learn more about the Winter Cascade Canyon Train ride by clicking below: